Friday, March 27, 2009

I joined a club and Happy Birthday to ME

What club, you may ask?? The EIGHT POUND CLUB, Baby! Whoop Whoop!! Mom and Dad took me to the doc on Wednesday for my 2 week check-up (if you're doing the math, you are correct that Wednesday is actually 2 days shy of my 2 weeks and TODAY is my actual 2 week birthday). Anyway, the rentals undressed me down to my skeebies and I tried to tell them to keep my wet diaper on as that would weigh more but no such luck, the nurse caught us -- so, they carried me to the scale and I did all I could to force out a pee (or poo) but I had nothing left. Turns out I didn't need any wet diaper though and that scale rang true at 8.3 lbs. BOOYAH---a week and a half after I arrive and I go from 7.68 when I left the hospital to 8.3. Who has two thumbs and likes to eat?? THIS GUY. Mom and Dad were so proud of me and the doc said I looked fantastic (I'm not positive but I don't think it was coincidental that he said that at the same time as he was checking out what I was hiding in my diaper..ahem). You may think this picture is a yawn picture but it's actually the face I have when I go to eat---you don't get into the 8 pound club with a closed mouth people. Oh, and so the big deal about me hitting 8 pounds is that I don't have to annoyingly be woken in the night anymore. To celebrate, I slept from 9:30 pm to 4 a.m. last night. Who's a rockstar? It's me, It's me.

So, some other news of the past few days. Those white socks you see in the picture above, yea, they are 0-3 months but already are a little snug. Mom's been noticing the lines they leave around my kankles, I mean ankles, when she takes them off. So, today after one of my feedings I told her NO MORE SOCKS and proceeded to pick out my newest feet warmers. Check it, ladies. ROAR!!!! These things rule b/c A) They keep my huge feet warm (which, at a size 14, isn't an easy task). B) They are low-tops so they look good with almost any outfit. C) The lions also serve as a scare tactic to strangers when they try to approach me. I just kick off my blanket and BOOYAH, I'm throwing lions in their face and they run every time without fail. It's awesome.


Dad and me had our first heart to heart the other day. It was good, I really got a lot of things off of my chest and he listened well. He gave me a few pieces of advice, which were good. I took notes of what he said..it went something like this, "Its his place to impart, one day some girl's gonna break my heart and ooooh, ain't no pain like from the opposite sex, gonna hurt bad but don't take it out on the next, son. Throughout life people will make me mad, disrespect me and treat me bad, let God deal with the things they do 'cause hate in my heart will consume me too. Always tell the truth, say my prayers, hold doors, pull out chairs, easy on the swears, I'm living proof that dreams come true, he loves me and he's here for me..." or something along those lines...I don't totally remember.


Lastly, pretty much I'm 2 weeks going on 4 months. This afternoon after a feeding I had my normal awake/activity time and then about 24 minutes later I was showing signs that I may be tired. So, as every mother would do, mom picked me up out of the boppy that I was chilling in and carried me into the nursery to grab a blanket. She laid the blanket in the crib so I could be swaddled with every intention of picking me right back up and soothing me with the latest stories about celebrities (how many times do we have to talk about why John and Jen didn't work out??), but as soon as she laid me down on that O' so soft and luxurious blanket I decided that sleeping in arms is for 2 week olds and I was ready to nap in my crib like big boys do. I mean, who WOULDN'T want to sleep in here. It's like a king's palace with all this room to stretch out, I feel like I just upgraded from a single to a California King!! Also, I get to sleep with two monkey's staring at me from either corner. How could I NOT feel safe in here with those guys watching me! So, nap I did and I'm pretty sure mom stood over me for like 30 minutes as she seemed to be breathing heavier than I was. I don't think she's going to let me sleep in here at night though---between you and me, I think she's got a LITTLE case of the ole' separation anxiety. Wouldn't you???

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Gray, some advice from your favorite Aunt... listen to Dad's words.. and if you can't do that then pop in some Will Smith and he'll give you similar advice. Also PLEASE don't grow up to fast-- you have a shirt to fit in for football season and if its not gonna fit you...Well heck, I guess I'll just buy you another! Love you little man, tell your mom and dad I said the same!

Anonymous said...

we looove your blog. jord and i are sitting here enjoying your words and the adorable pics :) all the best to your mom and dad little gray!

Elizabeth Johnson Phillips said...

LL Cool H says "Happy Birthday" G-Money. Congrats on figuring out that sleeping and eating are the best things ever. Why be a hater when you can be a fatty who sleeps? (And don't worry about the kankles. I used to have wrist cleavage.)

Anonymous said...

Um...are you kidding me?! Cutest EVER! Best sleeper EVER....LOVE that for you guys! Pass the word on to my next child, eh?!!

Love you guys!
Shannon (and Haley of course)