Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Eviction Notice has been Served


Well gang, I will try to keep this short, sweet and to the point but we had the 39 week appointment today and if Grayson doesn't decide he'd like to come before Friday he has officially been served his eviction notice for THIS Friday...yes, Friday the 13th...muahahahaha.

After LENGTHY conversations with my doctor and the nurses we all decided that it was go time this Friday. The great news is that my doctor is on call this weekend so we can be assured that she will in fact be the one delivering the baby (barring any unforeseen circumstances in her own life). That actually was a large factor in the decision for both of us. In addition my body has been at a pretty decent standstill for the last few weeks despite all our trying to induce labor on our own (see previous posts below), and from the looks of that noggin above (at 20 weeks) I do fully understand that thing isn't getting any smaller. I trust my doctor and she has served Kyle and I really well and I am thankful for the conversations we had to arrive at this decision.
Now that a date is set and it's so darn soon I'm getting a little nervous (as to be expected) but we would ask for your prayers as we head into these next few days and into Friday morning. Pray specifically that Kyle and I would just be trusting and clinging to the Lord's provision for this baby. Pray for the baby's health and for the delivery and lack of complications. Pray that He would be in control of the details and that no matter what happens on Friday, that we would trust He is good and for us. Have I mentioned that I HATE not having control...because apparently lack of control is not a specialty of mine. OH and can I add one more...pray for the EPIDURAL..that I would get that junx within minutes of getting into that hospital gown and that it would take and take quickly...very, very, very quickly. If they offer an epidural for the epidural..sign me up.

There's a good chance it will be a long day for us so please feel free to shoot emails or check in with texts, calls, whatever you'd like. We'd love to keep people as posted as possible. We will have wireless Internet there and we'll have both cell phones handy. If you're local and would like to come and hang out (assuming this is a long day and I am fairly comfortable), we welcome visitors..just give a call first.

Here is some helpful info:

Kyle's Cell: 804.426.5059
Jenny's Cell: 804.614.8421

Hospital Address:

Henrico Doctors' Hospital
1602 Skipwith Road
Richmond, VA 23229
(804) 289-4500
Thank you for loving us well and praying for us. We look forward to meeting Grayson ourselves but then getting to introduce him to all of you!!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Johnson Phillips said...

Sloan told me y'all were trying out reverse psychology. I will be praying for you on Friday. And just so you know--I love crafting. What lets you know I really love you is when I cook for you--because I HATE cooking. If I ever volunteer to clean your bathroom, know it is because I want to marry you (and even then it is only on a bimonthly basis).

Unknown said...

Yo sis! I called the other day and haven't heard back... but this time I'll let it slide cause I know you've got a lot going on right now-- you know, waiting for a baby and all!. Until then I'll just keep commenting here and on your FB wall as if you were actually responding to me (whether you are or not)! Take it easy the rest of this week though, relax and enjoy your alone time with Kyle! Sounds like I'll be seeing you guys on Saturday and I can't wait. It's 2am now though and I just got out of the hot tub (the warmest place of my Spring Break) so i'm going to go to bed. You, Kyle, and Grayson are in my thoughts and prayers (especially this week)! Love you guys more than you know and I'm super excited to meet my nephew!