Monday, March 9, 2009

39 Week Appointment and a Happy Birthday


The ole' 39 week appointment was rescheduled till tomorrow. Umph. Doc had an emergency C-section to attend to and thus either left me with the nurse practitioner again today pulling the ole' washing machine measurement, or reschedule with my regular doctor tomorrow. As I'm now retired I figured tomorrow was just as good as today (I mean, who keeps track of what day it is when you're retired?) and so reschedule we did. At 4:15 in the afternoon today when my original appointment time was, I have to wonder just how "emergency" this alleged C-section was or was it more an emergency I want to get the hizzy out of here and enjoy this beautiful afternoon?

I digress..either way, no appointment today. Therefore, be sure to tune back in tomorrow (appt. is at 1:00) to see if we schedule any official induction dates. Lots of exciting dates in which we could induce: 1)me and the little bambino sharing a birthday on the 16th; 2) St. Patrick and the little bambino sharing a birthday on the 17th; or 3)asking for an induction at 39 weeks and 6 days putting the little bambino and "Jason" sharing a birthday on Friday the 13th (not Jason as in my brother but Jason as in Jason from the movie). I hear so many stories of scheduled inductions though and the baby decides it's time to come the night before the scheduled date. I wonder if this whole induction thing is more of a scare tactic than anything else--if that's the case, induction is scheduled for tomorrow at 8:00 a.m. (shhhhhh..).

Other than that the weekend was good. I tried to walk the baby out of me...no luck. I tried to eat an entire pineapple in 2 days to get the baby out of me...no luck (well, luck eating an entire pineapple in 2 days..no luck with the baby). I ate the spiciest meatball sub of my life (and I don't do spicy very well) to put fire to his bottom and get him out of me...no luck. I put together a patio table and chairs on my own to try and get my water to bust...no luck. My dad painted a picture last night which I appreciated. Grayson head down, one hand on either pelvic bone and one foot pushing up against each rib cage and just holding back for dear life. His strength is extraordinary and for that I must be proud.

The other tactic that Kyle came up with was reverse psychology. We woke up on Sunday and Kyle did his usual inquiring as to whether my water had broken in the night (again, does he not think I'd inform him??) and was I sure that just an average pee break wasn't my water. Once I was able to affirm with 99% confidence that my water had not broken and I had full control over anything that came out of me during my bathroom breaks, he said, "I wonder if maybe it's because we're TOO anxious for him to come. Maybe we talk about wanting to meet him TOO much so he's just playing it cool. I think we should try some reverse psychology." From then on out Kyle proceeded to announce quite loudly that he was very content to NOT meet Grayson right now and that he was REALLY enjoying life being quiet and just the two (three-love you, Daisy) of us. How he hoped Grayson didn't come for another month so we could continue going out to dinners, watching movies with no interruptions, and not have to change any diapers for a few more weeks. Outcome...NOTHIN'.

Out of all these thoughts though I have to tell you the one thing that I was hoping WOULD spur Grayson to give an extra hard kick to my water..and that was for the sake of a good story. As Kyle and I walked into Church yesterday morning I informed him that maybe we should sit in the back of church in case, well, you know---explosion. Without hesitation and like he'd already considered this he said, "Jenny...let's just sit in our usual b/c if you're water breaks just let me know and I'll pee my pants and then we'll both just get up and calmly walk out together. If anyone questions me/you/or us we'll just say, 'You're not cool...unless you pee your pants' and leave." I have to admit, all service I prayed for my water to spontaneously combust so I could just see Kyle pee his pants because we all know I would have held him to it.

Alright, that's all I got. I will leave you with a big Happy Birthday to some of our favorite friends here in Richmond. First, our friends, the Purdy's, have two VERY sweet boys that just happen to share a birthday. Owen turned 3 on Friday and Baxter turned 1, and Kyle and I were very excited to attend a little birthday celebration and even snap a few photos! Happy birthday, boys!!! Sorry Grayson couldn't share in the fun of a March 6th birthday with you! Also, our great friend Stephanie Kennedy has a birthday TODAY. Unfortunately she was not a part of this joint party and therefore have no shots of her but we think the world of her and her husband and their sweet 2 (soon to be 3) little girls. :)








1 comment:

mystere said...

J, love you! Your writing is hysterical and it definitely brightens my day. Praying for you and you're hubby! Love, Becky