Tuesday, March 17, 2009

home again, home again

Hey team...Jenny here just checking in as I didn't want you to fear for a minute that just because labor and delivery are now over (could you imagine if it wasn't over by now...and all you Brock n' Roll fanatics were still pressing REFRESH every 30 seconds?!?! We would ALL be cranky I'd imagine...) and our professional photographer has disappeared that Brock n' Roll would soon too be just a distant memory. No, no, no, sweet friends...this blog is really JUST beginning.

So, as foreshadowed in the titled, all three Brocks are now home safe and sound. I would imagine you are wondering what we all were wearing when we arrived home but unfortunately we only captured what the cutest Brock member was wearing....

The hospital was really a great experience for us. So many friends came by to visit and Grayson was able to meet his Uncle Aaron and Grammy Curry, which was such a joy, and so many of his parents great friends stopped by so Gray could properly introduce himself. And introduce himself he did! It pretty much went like this, "Hi (insert name), my name is Grayson Ryan and my favorite activity is sleeping. Bye" Over and over and over again he introduced himself like that - at least he was polite.

Time at home has been really neat thus far. Little Gray is doing well and we've even started to learn a few things about him already. I'll let Gray write about himself now...1) My cry comes in two different forms: a) I'm starting to get hungry or upset and b) it's too late...I'm done letting you know that I'm GETTING hungry or frustrated and now I'm just straight mad that you didn't react fast enough, or if you did I'm not a fan of HOW you reacted to my cry, so I'm just gonna go about 17 pitches higher (he'll even hold one hand to his ear so he can hear that he raises his pitch by 17) until you hold me closely and whisper sweet nothings in my ear. 2) I don't love shots...period. When I get shots I skip cry #1 and go directly to #2. 3) That's fine if the doctor wants to stick something in my rear-end to get my temperature, but mom and dad, be ready for a required 4 handed diaper change when you get home and as you're changing it, just because mom is laughing so hard she's crying at this diaper change I will pee all over you both (and me a little) but I don't care b/c I'm already naked. 4) I LOVE my hands and want them in my face ALL the time. I even know how to suck my thumb already and sometimes just b/c mom thinks it's cute, I'll curl my first finger up over my nose. 5) I'm UBER cute. period. Just straight cute. Lastly, 6) I have a little (lotta) gas. So what. It's mom's fault it has the most potent smell in the world and each time someone new holds me and I let loose they think I just poo'd all over myself. Nope, just a toot...maybe I don't like soy and mom does? Or maybe I don't like anything mom eats? We're still trying to figure that out.

So, all that plus sleeping is life for the Brocks so far. He has been a good sleeper as of now and a decent eater as well. As he discussed above we had his first doctor appt. this morning and he's gained 2 oz. in two days putting him at 7 lbs 9 oz (he dropped to 7.68 when we left the hospital), so the doctor was pleased for that and as soon as we get him to his birth weight we no longer need to wake him for feedings. So, Grayson has been eating all day. Literally, I haven't let him stop since we got home--we're gonna get this boy back to 7 lbs 15 oz. before the sun goes down tonight :).



He really has been such a joy and is just the best blessing we could have asked for. We are thankful to the Lord for this amazing life and are just in awe of him. He loves his daddy passionately and there is nothing that will quiet him faster than being held by his dad. It's VERY sweet to watch. Alright, we will keep the updates and pictures coming. Now that we are home and settled we hope to get back into the groove of things quickly. Thank you for all the cards, gifts, meals, visits, etc. You all have served us in tremendous ways and made this transition so much better than we could have hoped. G'night, ya'll!! No..literally, even though it's only 7:15 p.m. -- this is crucial sleeping time :).





4 comments:

Elizabeth Johnson Phillips said...

I am so happy to see the little bugger. And be forewarned, if he is anything like Henry,he won't pee on Kyle as much as he will on you. I think it is because he senses that Kyle could shoot back. And just last week Henry peed on his own head while I was taking his temperature. Good times. Happy tooting!

the reppard crew said...

i LOVE him!

PS: Will peed into Hudson's ear two weeks ago. Awesomeness.

Anonymous said...

So fun! Nothing against your editorial style Jenny, but please do continue to let Grayson take over on the keyboard. He is quite insightful! :)

Have fun with the little guy!

Unknown said...

It's funny you mention all his introductions because in each of the pictures you posted... he's still sleeping! So happy to hear everything is going well at home! And I agree, in between the eating, sleeping, and peeing/pooping (which as we know is what life consists of right now) keep giving little man time on the computer! It'll be helpful to him in the future (right?), and he is quite the teller of stories already... reminds me of someone else I know ;)