Thursday, August 5, 2010

Blueberry Picking 101

Mom took me blueberry picking this morning.  Let me put it this way - blueberries do to me what a brown sugar poptart does to mom.  They put me in that place of inner peace - nothing else in the world matters - it's just me and Mr. blueberry..the only ones left in the universe.  So, you can imagine my utter excitement when we showed up to rows and rows of just beautifully ripened blueberries...AT MY HEIGHT!!  I asked mom what it would feel like to arrive at bushes of brown sugar poptarts that were for the taking - I'm fairly certain I caught her drooling.  So, let me show you how it's done.

1. Hunt for perfect blueberry bush:


2. Grab bucket from Mom:

3. Pick blueberry:

4. Put in bucket to take home:

5. Pick another blueberry:

6. Put in bucket to take home:

7. Analyze work thus far:


8. Pick another blueberry:

9. Put in bucket to take home Close your eyes and let the blueberry hit your lips:

10. Stop chewing when mom calls your name in hopes she won't notice:

11. Head back to pay for blueberries (and pray they don't ask you to get on the scale)


12. Observe snack for the next week and a half:

13. Smile (unaware of blueberry theft proof all over my face)

14. Any questions?

Enjoy the video for a more extensive showing of how to do this right:

3 comments:

Kyle said...

He truly has lived up to his "in the womb" nickname of blueberry. Who knew?!? My drool experience would be rows and rows of dark chocolate M&M bushes.

jt said...

best. post. ever. i laughed so hard i cried.

jt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.