Sunday, October 3, 2010

Crew Cut...

Hello my sweets!  I greet you as mom always greets me when she sees me (unless I happen to be complaining, crying, whining or naked...then it's usually either "I don't understand you, can you please use your words" or "Hello my...OH MY, where's your daddy and please put your water down."  I digress.  Things have been going well around home.  One question I have is, "will I forever have this much snot and will it always be this color??"  I really just feel like the nose is non-stop and quite frankly I'm sick of mom attacking me with a washcloth.  What will it take for her to figure out if she comes at me with that thing I'm going to scream and cry and then she'll have a bigger problem on her hands than if she just let what was originally there dry up and fall off on its own.  Don't they teach you those things in school?

I think since reading my last blog post Mom is looking to get me out of daycare.  I've only gained 1/2 a pound since my 15 month appointment and I think mom thinks daycare is making me anorexic.  I tried to tell her it's just my salt march but regardless she's looking for an out.   Who wants to come over and play 2 days a week?  I'm real sweet and cute, I promise.

Oh, I got a haircut and I mean a real haircut.  Mom gave me the whole trim around the ears and back routine last Wednesday but then Dad said I was nearing a Justin Bieber look and so mom promptly finished off the top on Thursday night.  I do alright with haircuts..they're no equivalent to ice cream but I also don't dry heave during them as I do when you make me try to eat a carrot.  Yes, I literally dry heave.  Back to the hair - so at first I was really scared of the clippers and wouldn't let you come  near me.  Now, mom can cut my hair herself so long as the following three pieces are in place:

1. I'm eating. Preferably a bowl of Pirates Booty.
2. You let me touch the clippers before you put them to my head. I find the vibration hysterical.
3. I have puppy with me and not only is puppy with me but you need to give puppy a haircut with the clippers every 3 minutes.

When you succumb to all three of those requests then I'll take my crying down to complaining as you cut.  You're welcome.  I felt like my new haircut made me look preppy - so I went and played some golf with my close buddy Baxter.






Mom's still working on building her photography portfolio so she made me call Lucille to ask if she could take pics of her and her sisters again.  How embarrassing! It was fine though, I tweeted her and she re-tweeted me right away saying they were in.  I mean, SERIOUSLY, how cute are these girls? Yea, I get to see them multiple times per week.  I am One. Lucky. Man. (insert shamless plug for mom)














Lastly, the fam and some friends (including my girlfriend) went pumpkin picking this weekend.  Fall is here people and we have the pumpkins to prove it.  My favorite part was the tractor ride that we went on to get into the pumpkin patch.  Actually, that was my second favorite part - my FAVORITE part was when dad shared his special pumpkin picking donut with me.  For some reason mom walked away when she was eating her donut...wait a minute!! I also loved having my own little pumpkin to carry, seeing Lucille in my JMU hat - what a cute girlfriend she is - and giving my future newest friend, baby Anna, my little pumpkin so she could share in the pumpkin picking fun!! (Baby Anna is due October 18th and we CAN-NOT-WAIT!!)






Really a great weekend.  Still am working on my words but I've pretty much mastered the following:

1. Up...Pease?
2. Dad-dy, Mom-my (or Mama), Pup-py, bup-py (lovey), Daisy, and now Nana (otherwise known as Maddie..the dog we are dog sitting for)
3. E-I-E-I-O.  This comes out when MAD asks if I want to sing a song.  They will list a whole host of songs to which I violently shake my head no.  When they finally ask me what I want to sing I just respond (in-tune) "E-I-E-I-O"
4. cheeyos
5. ball
6. doc-toe (short for doctor...this comes out when we read "..then the doctor said, NO MORE MONKEYS JUMPIN ON THE BED!!"
7. Bubbles (this one is usually said on repeat)
8. Help (typically this is said when I'm trying to climb onto something I am not allowed to climb on)
9. Tank-ou
10. Amen.

And to that I say, AMEN. 

g'night, my sweets.

2 comments:

the reppard crew said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE all of the pictures . . . the Kennedy pics are fantastic, and the pumpkin ones are just so cute. The ones of Bax are adorable too! We did haircuts tonight . . . our method: Sesame Street and Daddy gripping their faces. ha ha. Love y'all so. "raisin" is so cute. We adore him!

Auntie KJ said...

Gray Gray--
You have got to be the coolest kid in town. New JMU hat, new haircut, then golfing with the boys followed by hang outs with your girlfriend(s) while your parents chauffeur you around and play paparazzi!! You're one lucky guy!

Ps. Keep working on those words. You're doing so well that I think it's fair for me to expect "KRYSTLE" by this weekend-- Or maye we'll just stick to "Auntie KJ" :) Love you kid!