Friday, July 30, 2010

I'm Bringing Sexy Back

bloggers -

This is going to be short and sweet.  I reunited this weekend with some of my kuzins during Kuzins Kamp reunion 2010.  We have now done this the past two years and plan to make it a yearly tradition.  You can see last year's Kuzin Kamp experience HERE.  Quite frankly this is one of my favorite trips of the year and this year we even got to celebrate my Gammy's 60th 38th birthday with the whole crew.  It was nothing short of amazing and there are so many details to blog about but I gotta get this one off my chest.  So, if you'll allow me to be Debbie Downer for a minute and tell you my biggest disappointment.  Apparently I'm related to a bunch of people pleasers.  EXHIBIT A:


This says it all.  Let me set the stage.  No more than 2 minutes before this picture was taken we probably had 4 of the 6 kids crying or complaining.  Seriously.  If you could see the number of takes with parents arms involved trying to keep them still or getting their attention..it was unreal.  But ALL of a sudden all the adults start jumping up and down and waving their hands and singing songs - even offering bribes - and ALL MY KUZINS change their tune...except for you, Katie - you kept it real and I love you for that (so what if she's only 10 weeks old, she's allowed to express herself too!).  But seriously, a few songs and oh, now I'm SOOO happy to be here.  It's only 110 degrees out and literally I have sweat dripping into my diaper but let me put on this smile like I REALLY think your song is clever and sitting in itchy grass with 8,000 people screaming at me is what I had hoped and prayed for at 6:30 in the evening on this night when I've already spent the entire day overwhelmed and woke up this morning at 5:30 with probably only an hour nap had since them. Not me, I'm not gonna fake anything.  If I don't think you're funny I'm not going to fake laugh at you - get over it - I'm just like my dad.  So, to whomever it was we were all looking at..don't take it personally, I just think you maybe need to work on your routine a little bit.

Love you all...especially you, Katie Jane.

-Stonecold.

2 comments:

Haley said...

Yo G! Stay "Real" if that suites you kuz, but all I know is that right after I performed like Shamu, I got a big fat piece of cake in my mouth. Our rents would all smile for a quick $100 and my hundred???...cake, popsicles, ice cream, nummies (M&Ms). Call me what you will, a sugar wh-re or whatever, but free (I spell like I speak) words for you...ALL DAY LONG!

Nummies you say??? How you like dees pearly whites?

Love you. -HG

Carolyn said...

I almost peed my pants reading this. I'm sure you did writing it.