Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I'm a 1 year old..

Nothing about me screams baby anymore.  Well, if you don't count the fact that I'm still carried 89% of the time, I can't talk, I maybe wear diapers, and I prefer for you to hold my sippy cup to the point that when you hand it to me I just hand it back to you and put my hands at my side so you have to hold it to my mouth - other than that, I'm totally a big boy.  So, I guess b/c when it was time to plan my party I was still considered a "baby" - mom and dad had to plan my party for me.  Afterwards I made a list of pros and cons so I could remember for next year when I plan my own party.

Pros:
1. all my friends were there (except the ones that weren't invited or couldn't come - if you weren't invited it was mom and dad's fault..I would have totally invited you)
2. all the chicken nuggets I could eat
3. a balloon was tied to my highchair - next year it'll be a big boy chair but turns out I LOVE balloons
4. i had trucks on my cake -- monster trucks
5. blow horns as a party favor
6. the gifts ...

Oh wait a minute..#6 brings me to my CONS about this party.  Does THIS look familiar, people?? If so, why did NOBODY email me (Grayson.Brock@gmail.com ) to tell me Mom and Dad were sabotaging my party???

 Unbelievable.  It's cool though - I decided to plan a party for Mom to celebrate her birthday which was just a few days later so I sent out a little evite of my own:
Some additional cons:

1. the cake - I think next time I'll go with an ice cream or cookie cake - but I did love finger painting with the icing!!
2. they served fruit as a side item instead of fries.  I mean, it's my birthday..just hook me up with the waffle fries - I can be healthy tomorrow.
3. friends that couldn't come.  maybe next year mom/dad you might want to send out the invite more than 72 hours before you're trying to have the party.  Mute point - next year I'm organizing my own party.

Overall it was awesome and I'm thankful to all the people that came and loved me so well.  I got some AWESOME gifts despite the above including a new library of books, a red Ryder as mentioned in a previous post, a full Adidas jump-suit, some re gifted Lego's (you laugh but I LOVE), bath toys, a new CD, a new backpack with my name on it, toys, raisins, and clothes for the spring!!  You may note I am not smiling in any of these pictures.  It's really not a fair assessment of my happiness at my party - right before all these pictures one friend or another had just approached me with, "hey dude, I woulda brought you a gift but your mom insisted we didn't..sorry, buddy." --

Some folks have been asking about my recently blogged about lady friend...ladies and gentleman..I give you Lucille --yes, I know..she's WAY out of my league...lucky guy.
Seriously, people.  My birthday this year was literally the best I've ever had.  The whole non-gift thing really taught me a good lesson about how I don't need tangible items from people to be loved and true happiness can't be found in those items as those Lego's are sure to one day disappoint.  (I'm gonna pitch that to Pastor Shelby) - In fact, those nuggets sure did disappoint the ole' digestive track that afternoon after my nap...YIKES!  I have a big doctor's appointment tomorrow so I'm hittin my big boy bed crib but check back soon for some stats AND I've been doing some research and noticing that all the "famous blogs" - you know, the ones that make their living off of blogging - they all have some sort of "cooking" element to their blog where they post recipes or talk about organic foods.  I'm far from an organic guy but have y'all ever tried my infamous Oat-Sauce-Meal?  Stay tuned....

4 comments:

Kristen said...

what a cutie! jenny, your pictures just keep getting better and better!

Elizabeth Johnson Phillips said...

G$,
A. Sorry that my lil sis' car seat ruined one of your shots.
B. Pastor Shelby once told my Mom that Legos for boys were like shoes for women...you can never have enough. (True story)
C. I'd say tell your Mom my mom says Happy Birthday and all, but yeah, she totally ripped you off.
Peace Out,
H-rocker

the reppard crew said...

Happy Happy Birthday to our BFF! Since we couldn't be there, we'll have to have a nugget/baloon/cake par-tay real SOON! Love you, Gray Gray!

love
hud and will

Kyle said...

Grayson - you take after your Momma. It's "moot" point not "mute" point. Although I'm sure if you asked Mom she would argue this case for you 100%.

Love Dad!